Does your fruit basket have bananas which have over ripened or turned black? Regretting why you left them hanging around and did not use them in time? Going to throw them away with a heavy heart? Well then DON’T!
Here I share an amazing recipe Wholewheat banana loaf and i bet the next time u buy bananas u will wait for them to turn black ! It’s an easy and delicious way to use up those leftout ‘ignored’ bananas !!
The kids will love the cake as it is moist and intense in flavor.
And of-course it is a healthy homemade treat for the little ones who otherwise love to gobble up those unhealthy maida laiden cakes from the bakery.
o 300 gms Wholewheat flour
o 200 gms sugar
o 100 ml oil +2 tsp for greasing
o 2 Eggs
o 1 tsp baking soda
o 3 Over Ripe Bananas
o A pinch of salt
o 1 tsp vanilla essence
So here is the VIDHI 😉 (METHOD)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease the loaf tin.
- Sieve the flour and baking soda . Keep aside.
- Whisk the eggs together, then add the sugar, a little at a time. Beat well. Add oil and beat again.
- Mash bananas with a potato masher.
- Mix the banana mixture into the flour egg batter and fold everything together until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Add salt and the vanilla essence.
- Transfer the banana bread mixture into your greased loaf tin and bake for approximately 30 minutes at 180°C (some ovens might take longer) until golden brown and cooked through(check with a tooth pick and bake for longer if required).
- Once cooked, remove from the tin and allow it to cool before slicing and serving.
- Enjoy with ur evening cup of tea/coffee. Eat good and stay healthy!
Don’t forget to share this wonderful recipe with your friends.