Are you an avid foodie who loves experimenting with flavors? If yes, then we have something exciting for you! Cooking is not just about making delicious meals. It’s about creating that perfect blend of flavors and spices, using the most basic ingredients to make a gourmet dish. And what better way to do this than by learning how to cook a coriander chicken recipe at home.
Coriander chicken is one of those dishes that gives your taste buds a different experience every time you eat it. While some prefer their chicken spicy, others like it simple with less spices and herbs. Therefore, if you are thinking of trying out new recipes but aren’t sure where to begin, here’s a simple step-by-step guide on how to cook coriander chicken in the simplest way possible
What does Coriander Chicken Recipe taste like?
Before we jump into the actual recipe, let’s first understand what coriander chicken tastes like. Coriander chicken is a Chinese/Indian recipe. Coriander is a fragrant spice that is used in a lot of Indian and Chinese recipes. This herb comes from the cilantro plant and has a distinct flavor, which can be described as a cross between citrus and pine. Coriander is often used in Indian curries, Chinese stir-fries and Mexican dishes.
Coriander chicken is made with a simple recipe that involves marinating chicken with a few strands of coriander and some other spices. The meat is then roasted or baked until it’s tender and juicy. Coriander chicken tastes best when it’s baked with a few spices and is served with a side of some rice or roti.
The secret to cooking good Coriander Chicken Recipe
Now that you know what coriander chicken tastes like, let’s see how you can cook one at home. One of the most important things when cooking coriander chicken recipe is to use fresh coriander. You could also use dried coriander leaves, but they won’t have the same fresh aroma and flavor as the fresh ones. The next most important thing is to marinade the meat properly. Make sure that the spices and coriander are mixed right into the chicken. This will ensure that each and every bite of the coriander chicken is flavorful and aromatic.
If you want to make your coriander chicken extra special, you could also roast the chicken in a tandoor oven. Tandoor ovens are clay ovens that are commonly used in Indian and Pakistani cooking. The clay retains a lot of heat and the food is cooked in the clay brick. The clay brick makes the coriander chicken even tastier, as it helps retain the moisture in the meat and provides a smoky flavor. Another way to make your coriander chicken taste even better is by serving it with a side of roti or naan. This is an Indian flatbread that is made from wheat flour and is perfect for mopping up the leftover coriander chicken sauce.
Subscribe to the blog today to get free coloring Printables and an Everyday planner
Coriander Chicken Recipe
- Coriander – Coriander is a fragrant herb that is loved by people all over the world. It’s a part of almost every Indian/Chinese/Mexican recipe. Coriander is usually added to marinades, salads, and curries.
- Ginger – Ginger is a very common spice that is used in almost every cuisine. It’s used to make many Indian curries, soups, and meat recipes. Ginger adds a distinct flavor to any dish and is a great source of antioxidants.
- Garlic – Garlic is a very common ingredient that is used in almost every cooking style. It’s used to make curries, meat and vegetable dishes. Garlic adds a distinct flavor and aroma to any dish and is a great source of vitamins and minerals.
- Salt – Salt is one of the most common ingredients used in almost every cuisine. It’s added to almost every dish and is a great way to enhance the flavor of the food.
- Raw boneless chicken – ½ kg
- Powered Black pepper – 1 table spoons
- Powered Dhania (Coriander) – ½ table spoon
- Onions – 2
- Ginger paste – 2 spoons
- Tomato paste – ½ cup
- Butter – 30 gms
- Chicken Masala – ½ spoon (optional)
- First, you’ll need to pre-heat the oven to 400°F. Then, you’ll need to mix up the marinade. For this, combine the coriander, ginger, garlic cloves, olive oil, and salt in a large bowl.
- Next, you’ll need to duck the chicken breasts in the coriander marinade for about 30 minutes. Make sure that the breasts are completely submerged in the marinade.
- Once the chicken is marinated, place them on a baking tray, along with some sliced onion.
- Bake the chicken breasts and onions for about 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Directions (Without Oven)
- Wash the chicken and keep it aside. Mix and make a paste with other ingredients (black Pepper, dhania powder, Coriander leaves, onions, ginger paste, garlic, salt, and chicken and tomato paste). You could also add some tomato ketchup for taste.
- Marinate the chicken with the paste and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Heat the oven for 5 minutes at 300C. Put butter in the oven plate, pick the marinated pieces of chicken and plate them in the oven. Keep them in the oven for 15 minutes.
Another simple and easy chicken recipe is Lemon Pepper Chicken recipe : A Simple Yet Delicious Recipe
Coriander chicken is one of those dishes that never gets boring. Whenever you have guests over, you can make this recipe and it will be a hit. Coriander chicken is a simple recipe that tastes best when served with a side of rice and a vegetable salad. Plus, it’s an inexpensive dish to make, as all you need is a few basic ingredients. These include a handful of coriander seeds, some salt, a few cloves of garlic, ginger, and some olive oil. If you’re a beginner when it comes to cooking, coriander chicken is a great recipe to start with. It’s easy to make, inexpensive, and has a distinct flavor that everyone will love!