I am sure with holiday season around the corner, most of your days are spent in planning gifts for family and friends. Gone are those days when we had to visit stores to stock up on Christmas presents for family and friends. With everything available simply on the click of a button online, purchase has not only added convenience but tremendous variety as well. This holiday season, I chose to go with digital Christmas cards for family and friends along with gifts from Amazon.
Last year I unfortunately missed sending Christmas Cards to a few of my close ones because of financial and time constraints but this year, with proper planning and great options available, I will manage to cover everyone.
I do know lot of people and sending separate greetings to everyone which from a time standpoint is not a viable option. Hence, this year, I will create my own digital greeting Christmas card. Obviously, it isn’t always easy to design a good Christmas card. I was looking for something that could showcase my efforts, be very unique & creative and at the same time has a very exclusive and personal touch.
Christmas is season of not only rejoicing but of reflectionRead more from our family section, here
Preparing your Christmas cards
Since I am not a professional designer and lack experience on this front, was planning to take a lot of time out to create a good digital greeting. To my delight, I found incredible Design Bundles available online and so decided to create two different Christmas cards. First one for family and friends with a lot of personal words and second would be more professional and business like for acquaintances and business associates. Professional version of the greeting card can be easily sent to office colleagues as well. Card making does take a lot of time but with right graphics and fonts available in the design bundles, one can get the job done quickly.
I chose to pick-up something that is available easily and can give great results with very few add-ons. Out of tons of svgs samples available that include family quotes and Christmas themes, it took me less than an hour to come up with two different digital cards perfect for my needs. With quotes available online, I manage to create a two wonderful greeting cards that can be send to family and friends.
Now, the first question is obviously what an SVG is! It can be expanded into Scalable Vector Graphic which is a text-based graphics language that illustrates images with text, vector shapes and embedded raster graphics.
I did not know this language at since I am not a designer. It was an SVG sample that help me create a perfect design.
I did realize after creating Christmas cards that online design resources does make your job easy and quick. Most creative people aren’t too organized and keeping an eye on time is important. To save time while planning something creative, follow the tips below –
- Have a schedule – Prepare a schedule at your end and follow it without fail. This helps to be more focused and achieve your goals before the deadline.
- Prioritize your tasks – It is important to know what is urgent so high priority tasks can be done first. It is important to prioritize since this will cut your finishing time by nearly half
- Minimize distractions – try to stay away from distractions. I always have a kid jumping around me. I am still learning to stay away mentally and be more focused towards completing tasks at hand.
- Have your deadline sets – I always have my deadlines set. This help achieve my goals on time.
- Keep water bottle handy – Creative people tend to get more focused while working and it is bad to get dehydrated. So a bottle of water is always helpful.
- Track your thoughts – follow your thoughts while working
- Enjoy it – Enjoy the process. Remember you are doing something new and exciting.
Pin it here and follow me on Pinterest here
Disclaimer – This post if created in collaboration with Design bundles to motivate people to get creative and discover their ideas this holiday season with help of graphics and fonts available online at Design Bundles.