- 1 Chicken in Yogurt Sauce Recipe
- 2 FAQ – Chicken in Yogurt Sauce Recipe
- 3 Conclusion
Looking for an easy chicken recipe that’s bursting with flavor? You’ll love this simple, yet delicious chicken in yogurt sauce recipe. It’s so easy to make and only takes about 25 minutes from start to finish. The lightly spiced sauce is made with Greek yogurt and has just the right blend of spices, garlic, and ginger. You’ll love how tender and juicy the chicken becomes after being cooked in a skillet with some oil and then finished off in the oven. Serve this dish over rice or cauliflower rice for a delicious meal any night of the week!
Popular chicken recipes on this blog
Chicken in Yogurt Sauce Recipe
Ingredients for Marinade
- The spices for the chicken marinade include cardamom, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, cumin, garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper.
- You’ll also need oil for the pan
- Greek yogurt for the sauce, and some dried fenugreek leaves for the flavor.
- The cumin-roasted cauliflower is flavored with cumin seeds and salt.
In a large bowl or resealable bag, combine the cardamom, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, cumin, garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper with 1 tablespoon oil. Add the chicken and rub the marinade into the chicken until it’s evenly coated. Let the chicken sit for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours in the refrigerator.
In a wide saucepan, combine the Greek yogurt, water, garlic, ginger, and fenugreek leaves. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat.
Toasted cumin-roasted cauliflower
Preheat the oven to 400F. In a medium bowl, combine the cumin seeds, salt, and oil. Add the cauliflower and mix until it’s well-coated. Spread the cauliflower out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender and golden brown.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet or pan with a lid over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil has heated up, add the marinated chicken and cook for about 5 minutes per side.
- Add the yogurt sauce and reduce the heat to medium.
- Cover the skillet and let the sauce simmer until it has reduced and thickened.
- Remove the lid and stir periodically to make sure the sauce doesn’t burn on the bottom of the pan.
- Once the sauce has thickened and reduced to the desired thickness, remove the pan from the stove and serve.
Subscribe to the blog today to get free coloring Printables and an Everyday planner
FAQ – Chicken in Yogurt Sauce Recipe
What is the secret to making a great yogurt sauce?
The trick is to use a combination of Greek yogurt (a thicker yogurt) and water to achieve the right consistency.
What is fenugreek?
A Fenugreek is a plant that has leaves that are dried and ground into a powder. It has a distinct flavor that is often used in Indian, Middle Eastern, and East Asian cuisine.
I don’t have fenugreek leaves or cumin seeds. Can I still make the yogurt sauce?
Yes, you can substitute ground fenugreek or cumin for the fenugreek leaves and cumin seeds respectively. However, the taste will not be quite the same.
I don’t like yogurt. Can I use another type of sauce for the chicken?
Yes, you can use a cream-based sauce or a tomato-based sauce in place of the yogurt sauce. You might want to adjust the amount of water you add to the sauce to achieve the desired consistency.
This chicken in yogurt sauce recipe is a great dish to make any night of the week. It’s easy to make, only takes about 25 minutes from start to finish, and is bursting with flavor. You can serve it over rice or cauliflower rice for a delicious meal any night of the week! If you’re looking for an easy chicken recipe that’s bursting with flavor, this is the recipe for you. It’s so easy to make and only takes about 25 minutes from start to finish.
The lightly spiced sauce is made with Greek yogurt and has just the right blend of spices, garlic, and ginger. You’ll love how tender and juicy the chicken becomes after it’s cooked in a skillet with some oil and then finished off in the oven.