There’s something about that tangy and sweet lemon taste that can take any dish to another level. Combined with the perfect blend of spices, this Chinese Lemon Chicken recipe will leave your taste buds singing for more. There’s something magical about Chinese food. The flavors are so rich and intense, that it’s almost impossible not to love them. If you are a huge fan of Chinese cuisine, you need to check out this ultimate recipe for making an incredible Chinese Lemon Chicken at home. It is easy to prepare and packed with great flavors! Once you try it, you won’t be able to get enough of it. Follow our easy step-by-step instructions and let the magic begin!
The Best Chinese Lemon Chicken Recipe
This Chinese Lemon Chicken is one of the most popular dishes in Chinese cuisine, and it is also one of the most popular dishes among all Asian cuisines. Making the perfect Chinese Lemon Chicken recipe is an art and one that is learned over time by those who love to cook Chinese food at home. It’s a quick and easy recipe to make, and you can use it to make a delicious and satisfying Chinese Lemon Chicken meal that you can serve with rice, noodles, or simply on its own. It’s great for when you need to put together a quick and easy dinner.
Chinese Lemon Chicken Recipe
- Rice – 1 cup
- White Rice Flour
- 1/4 cup – Ginger
- Garlic – 1 tablespoon
- Soy Sauce – 1/4 cup
- Honey – 1/4 cup
- Lemon Juice – 1 tablespoon
- Vegetable Oil
- Salt and Pepper – To taste
- Rice – While this isn’t an essential ingredient for this Chinese Lemon Chicken recipe, it is used to serve with the chicken. It is a great carb to go with any Asian dish and also an easy recipe to prepare.
- Flour – This is used as a thickener to give the chicken a crispy coating whilst also ensuring it is not too oily.
- Ginger – This is a type of root used in Chinese cuisine that is used to add a warm and spicy flavor to the chicken.
- Garlic – This is also used to add another spicy flavor to the chicken and is a great ingredient that can be used in almost any recipe.
- Soy Sauce – This is a very common ingredient used in Chinese cuisine and can be used in a variety of recipes.
- Honey – This is another sweet ingredient that is used to give this recipe a nice and subtle taste.
- Water – This is used to thin out the honey and soy sauce.
- Lemon Juice – This is used to add a nice citrusy flavor to the chicken and is also a great addition to any dish.
- Vegetable Oil – This is used to fry the chicken pieces and ensure they are nice and crispy.
- Salt and Pepper – These are important ingredients to add flavor to the chicken.
- Cut the chicken into small cubes and marinate with soy sauce, ginger, honey, lemon juice, and pepper.
- Mix the rice with the soy sauce, water, salt, and pepper.
- Mix the flour with water, salt, and pepper.
- Cut the lemon into thin slices.
- Finely chop the garlic and ginger.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Then, fry the chicken cubes until they are golden brown.
- Add the lemon slices to the chicken, and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Next, add the rice to the frying pan, toss them with the chicken, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Garnish with fried garlic and ginger.
- Place the frying pan on the stove with the oil and heat it until the oil is hot.
- Once the oil is hot, add the flour and stir continuously to prevent it from burning.
- Once the flour is golden in color, remove the pan from the stove and place the chicken in the frying pan.
- Coat the chicken pieces with the flour mixture.
- Place the frying pan back on the stove and heat it until the oil is hot.
- Once the oil is hot, place the coated chicken in the frying pan.
- Fry the chicken pieces for 5-6 minutes on each side until they are golden brown in color.
- Once the chicken pieces are golden brown, add the soy sauce and stir continuously until it is thickened.
- Add the honey and lemon juice and stir the mixture continuously.
- Reduce the heat, stir continuously, and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Finally, remove the pan from the stove.
Popular chicken recipes on this blog
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure the frying oil is hot before adding the flour. This will prevent the flour from clumping together and will make sure the coating is crisp and crunchy.
- This Chinese Lemon Chicken recipe can be made using chicken breasts, thighs, or drumsticks.
- If the sauce is too thick, add some water to thin it out.
Subscribe to the blog today to get free coloring Printables and an Everyday planner
This Chinese Lemon Chicken is a quick and easy recipe to make and is perfect when you need to put together a satisfying dinner. Chinese cuisine is loved by many and this recipe is easy to make and packed with great flavors. It is perfect when you need a quick dish to feed a crowd or simply want to treat yourself to a delicious meal. It is easy to customize this recipe to your liking so you can make it your own. And don’t forget to garnish it with some freshly chopped cilantro for an extra flavor boost. Enjoy!
Now that you’ve read through our Chinese Lemon Chicken recipe, we hope you’re even more excited to make it for yourself. And, if you’d like to share your delicious creation with us, we’d love to see it. Be sure to tag us in your photos on Instagram and Facebook with #ChineseFoodDisorder and make sure to let us know what you think of this recipe. Stay hungry!