Do you remember the “Brush Brush Brush Your Teeth poem” from your childhood? It’s a simple nursery rhyme that has been used for generations to teach kids the importance of good oral hygiene. But did you know that this little poem can actually help improve your oral health as an adult too!
Brushing your teeth regularly is essential for maintaining good oral hygiene. Not only does it help prevent cavities and gum disease, but it can also improve your overall health by reducing the risk of infections and chronic diseases like heart disease and stroke.
Sometimes it can be hard to remember to brush your teeth regularly, or to brush them for the full two minutes recommended by dentists. That’s where the Brush Brush Brush Your Teeth poem comes in handy. By singing or reciting the poem while you brush, you can make sure you’re brushing for the full two minutes, and you might even find yourself enjoying the process more!
Subscribe to my blog for Parenting tips that will make you feel like a pro, and get access to exclusive free Printables that will keep your little ones busy and happy!
Guidelines for effective brushing
Simply reciting the poem isn’t enough to ensure good oral hygiene. You also need to follow some basic guidelines for effective brushing, such as:
- Using a soft-bristled brush and fluoride toothpaste
- Brushing for at least two minutes, twice a day
- Using gentle circular motions to brush all surfaces of your teeth and gums
- Replacing your toothbrush every three to four months or sooner if the bristles become frayed
By incorporating the “Brush Brush Brush Your Teeth” poem into your brushing routine and following these guidelines, you can improve your oral health and reduce your risk of dental problems. And as an added bonus, you might even find yourself looking forward to brushing your teeth!
Brush Brush Brush your teeth poem
Brush, brush, brush your teeth
To keep them shiny, bright, and neat
Up and down, and all around
Spit the foam and rinse it down
You’ll have a happy, healthy smile
If you brush your teeth for a little while
So let’s grab our toothbrush and paste
And brush those teeth with no haste
Don’t forget the back and sides
Where sugar bugs like to hide
Brush them well, every day
And you’ll keep tooth decay away
Now your teeth are sparkling clean
The cleanest teeth you’ve ever seen
You did a great job, my little friend
Brushing teeth is easy, let’s do it again!
Download the Brush Brush Brush your teeth poem Printable PDF
More on Baby Teething
- TEETHING BABY NOT EATING? 5 HEALTHY ITEMS FOR YOUR BABY
- HOW LONG DOES TEETHING LAST AND 10 WAYS TO HELP YOUR BABY
- DOES TEETHING CAUSE DIAPER RASH IN BABIES? – 5 EASY TIPS TO DEAL WITH DIAPER RASH
- 3 SIMPLE REASONS BEHIND BABIES TEETHING LATE AND HOW CAN YOU HELP YOUR BABY
- DO BABIES GUMS SWELL WHEN TEETHING & 5 SIMPLE WAYS YOU CAN HELP A TEETHING BABY
- CAN TEETHING CAUSE BAD BREATH IN TODDLERS AND 6 SIMPLE TIPS FOR REDUCING BAD BREATH
I would stay connected and keep you updated with parenting tips, pregnancy guides, creative ideas, easy crafts, and free Printables. Subscribe to Colossalumbrella to get new ideas delivered to your inbox. Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram.