what is amazon audible
Reading a book is not only about content and story but also about relishing and enjoying it page by page. Maybe keep it for months and then resume again right where you stopped. Till few years ago I could take time out to finish my books despite a hectic work schedule but since becoming a mother, I have time only to finish my laundry. I had a left a book in the middle and decided to search for free audio books. The first name that popped up was, no prizes for guessing, Amazon Audibles. I had heard about Amazon audible but I intended to check them out and boy am I glad that I did!
This piece covered details about what Amazon Audible is and answers to some frequent questions like What is Amazon Audible, Is Audible free with prime, How to subscribe for Audible, How to cancel Audible and answer to the most important question of them all, Is Audible worth it?
Why did I question the value of audio books?
A simple answer to this would be being unfair to the book. I felt like I was cheating the author. Also, I was not so sure about narration and Lets us just say I was making excuses not to try…
AND THEN I PICKED UP AUDIBLE
What is Amazon Audible?
Audible is a subscription-driven audiobook service with a catalog of over 200,000 audiobooks and a mix of bestselling Indian and international authors. Whatever your passion, your interests or favourite authors, there’s a perfect audiobook for you. You can listen to A-list celebrities narrate their favourite stories, original & exclusive audiobooks, full-cast performances and more. Browse through Great First Listens, Indian Audiobooks and also get personalized recommendations.
How Does Audible Membership Plan Work? How to Subscribe for Audible?
After diving into what is amazon audible, let us review how the plan works. Amazon has a great policy and lots of money J First month is free for Audibles just like Prime. Take a free 30-day trial of Audible and get a free audio book. This could be one of the classics or even an Audible originals. At the end of your trial, you can buy a monthly subscription of Audible available at 199 INR per month. Obviously, you can cancel it anytime.
You can listen to Audible audiobooks anywhere using apps for your phone, Windows, iOS, Android, Mac computer and your Alexa device.
No decision should be made on empty shopping bag
Add something worthy to your kitchen today…Kitchen Essentials
Is Audible worth it? – Real benefits of Audible
- A new audio book every month – As a member you get one credit every month. Good for any audio book regardless of duration or price.
- Never pay full price – Used up your monthly credits? Members can buy additional audio books at any time for 30% off the list price.
- You own your audio books – All the audio books in your Audible library are yours to keep, even if you cancel the membership.
- Quick & easy exchanges – Not loving a listen? Members can exchange an audio book and choose another for free.
- Keep unused credits – Still deciding on your next audio book? Members can keep up to six unused credits.
- No strings attached – You can easily cancel your membership any time, hassle-free.
- Listen anywhere, anytime – Even if you switch devices, you’ll never lose your place, making it perfect for your daily commute, road trip or just before bed.
- Offline access – Download your audio books to your app so you can listen without using data or Wi-Fi—at no extra cost.
- Adjustable narration speed – Pick the pace that works for you. Vary the listening speed from 0.5x to 3x.
- Sleep timer – Don’t lose your place when you fall asleep. Set a sleep timer for up to an hour, or until the end of the chapter.
Is Audible free with prime?
No. But Amazon does favor Prime members. An Audible membership does not come free with Amazon Prime. While it requires a separate subscription, Prime members do stand to get discounted pricing on membership. A number of Audible books are free with your Prime membership, though the list of titles is small compared to the entire Audible library.
How to cancel Audible?
To cancel your Audible plan, follow these instructions: Go to the Account Details page on the Audible desktop site. Click Cancel membership at the bottom of the “Membership details” section. Follow the on-screen instructions and steps. After you cancel, an automated email will be sent to you as proof of your plan changes. Any purchased titles will stay in your library and you can listen to them at any time.
Your only limitation is your mind. I wish I could have subscribed to Audible earlier. I would have finished quite a number of books.